Image: This is a CDV photograph of David Farquharson’s c. 1866 presentation drawing of his design for the Bank of California’s new building in San Francisco. The stone for the bank was quarried on Angel Island, a quarry which also supplied stone for the fortifications on Alcatraz and Fort Point. The new building was completed in 1868.
This CDV was found in Scotland. Perhaps Farquharson sent it home to show his success to family and friends. Private Collection.